Monday, December 17, 2007

Vi, A Big Sister

Viola is going to be a big sister, Lord willing, around the end of May! Today was so sweet because it was the first day she really grasped this fact. We've been pointing to my belly for weeks and telling her there was a baby inside. I recall one time when we were in Louisville at a friend's, I pointed to Sarah's belly (an 8 month pregnant belly) and said "Baby" and my own and said "Baby." She repeated and seemed to understand, until she pointed to Kristin's boob and said "Baby!" That's when I had to admit, reluctantly, that she didn't get it yet.

But today, she repeatedly asked to "see" the baby, lifting up my shirt to see my swelling belly. She would then say "baby" so sweetly, hug my belly, and then give it a big, wet, sloppy kiss! It was SO cute. I think just seeing her love for her unborn sibling makes me cherish both her and the baby even more.

4 comments:

Kate McDonald said...

that is SO sweet!

Kate McDonald said...

are you going to attempt to find out the gender again?

Brittany said...

yes, 'attempt' is a good way to put it! my ultrasound is dec. 31, so if the gender's really really clear, i'll let you know! i had an ultrasound 2 wks ago, and the baby was crossing its legs like Viola did in utero. i'm trying not to get my hopes up!

Christy said...

Yay! So exciting! I think you may be my first friend from college to have TWO kids. Like a real little family!