Friday, June 16, 2006

Head Butts & Minivans

It's been a long time, yet again, since I've written. It seems that all my Internet time lately has been spent looking for the perfect baby sling and diaper snappis, and reading reviews upon reviews on baby accessories. Ah, the plight of a mother-to-be! But what a sweet plight it is.

My midwife told me today words that are both encouraging and little bit scary--I'm now at the point in my pregnancy where I can go into labor and they wouldn't try to stop it because the dear little babe is ready to come out anytime now! I'm still 3.5 weeks away from the magic date though, and being the realist that I am, I'm expecting to be late. So we'll see about that.

Lately the little guy's favorite thing is to head butt me at the spot where my huge belly bulge and right hip joint meet. It's uncomfortable, but the way I see it, it's just another indication that he's a healthy baby, and proud of it. We can't wait until he gets here.

There are so many preparations to still be made, but they're mostly minor. It's so easy to get caught up in the details and all the baby stuff that's out there, but the Lord is constantly reminding us that it is He that ultimately equips and prepares us for parenthood, and we continue to be reminded of his provision. One recent sign of this is our purchase of a minivan! I can't believe we drive a reliable car now. Amazing. I do miss the Volvo though, Mr. Belvedere Stealth Bomber. He had a lot of character. Naming the minivan is another story, as a silver minivan has much less character than an old Swedish car. But at least the baby is named!

Who knows, by the next time I write, I might actually be a mama.

2 comments:

G. F. McDowell said...

Gertrude is a good minivan name. Gertie for short.

Donna S. said...

It was great to finally meet you at Chad and Ginger's wedding - congrats again on your soon-to-arrive baby boy!